[Magdalen] What are we reading?

Susan Hutchinson shutchinsonca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:29:51 UTC 2015

I am the happy new owner of a Kindle Paperwhite (a Christmas present) and I am finally able to read books properly after several years of being limited to audiobooks and the Kindle app on my MacBook. My current catch up reading is all fun -- mysteries galore! I've just finished the latest Julia Spencer Fleming (staring The Rev. Clare Ferguson), Episcopal priest and former army helicopter pilot).

I am now working on Jill Paton Walsh's pastiche based on Dorothy L. Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey novels, The Late Scholar. It takes Peter Wimsey, now the Duke of Denver and Harriet Vane, mystery writer and new Duchess, into the early fifties. So far, not bad.

Next on my pile are the first five "Liturgical Mysteries" by Mark Schweitzer -- recommended to me by another church goer -- and set in an Episcopal Church choir! They are on special at Amazon at .99 each.

Love the Kindle, it is really well designed for reading, which is what I want it for. The special screen and high resolution type are perfect for what I need.

Yahoo!

love and blessings
Susan
celebrating the 15th anniversary of her ordination to the deaconate by doing deaconal work at the church advocacy office ... :-)

The Rev. Susan Hutchinson
604-319-7148
shutchinsonca at gmail.com