[Magdalen] This saying No is tough

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:13:33 UTC 2015

...see Ann, this thread still has life!

in re Marion's comment - when my mom still lived half way across the country
I looked at her random and lengthy phone calls as a 'gift of listening' - I
often did things while we talked (and I mostly listened), but I'm now
thankful for that as she now, post stroke, has a hard time holding a phone,
touches buttons and mutes or disconnects and has lost her great joy of
calling friends because she usually hangs up on them, or drops the phone.
Little things like this happen so easily and with such finality, slowly
taking away joy. I often try not to dwell on it.

Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck