[Magdalen] This saying No is tough

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 18:19:26 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/3/2015 12:23:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Especially regarding >>>>

Though electronic communication is the norm for the VA, one must
always remember that what is regarded as a private conversation for
one person may not be treated as such by the next person.

Through the nearly 20 years at VA I learned this the hard way when
what I assumed was a confidential e-note came back to haunt me.

What happens in a Government setting (and maybe the private sector?)
is that the note gets kicked up, say, the administrative channels  and
then comes down on the medical side from the medical chief.   Dozens
of persons never intended to receive the note end up, by this  situation,
reading it, usually completely out of context.

Sometimes a telephone call IS the way to go.

David S.