[Magdalen] Amusing but Sad.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 17:11:07 UTC 2015

The monthly issue of the Mpls (Minneapolis) St. Paul magazine - one of
those
slick publications that reviews upscale restaurants and has annual lists  of
preferred professionals - came yesterday.

This issue was about glamorous remodelings in the Metropolitan Area.

As usual, about 3/4ths of the homes featured were remodeled by same  sex
couples.  One spread was of a white on white home that looked to me  to
be more at home in the Hamptons than on Lake Minnetonka.  There  was
some interesting artwork in the various rooms pictured.

A large framed wall piece caught my attention.  It was a script all  in
Roman Capitals and arranged vertically.  Examining it closely, I  could
tell that the top word, printed in red with the rest of the script in  black
and white, had been semi-brushed out probably by the editors of
the magazine.

It was not difficult to make out the complete text:

                                        JESUS
                                         IS
                               MY  ANCHOR
                                       AND
                                         I'M
                                 DROWNING

For many glbt in many denominations, this can be only too true.

David S.