[Magdalen] a question you should never ask at Walmart

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 23:00:36 UTC 2015

On 2/5/15, Marion Thompson <marionwhitevale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Up here, the real money is made in the bakery and ready-to-eat foods
> sections of the supermarkets.

Over here in OZ, the two larger  food chains have been caught
labelling bakery goods "fresh" and "local" when they were half-baked
and frozen before being exported from Africa to us. Just think what
their true costs must be!
The "independent" grocers where I normally shop is actually part of a
largeish chain. They recently finished an extensive upgrade to their
surroundings and since then prices have gone up by about 5-10%. <sigh>
I really preferred the smaller, pokier shop because the turnover was
faster (and you were more likely to get fresher food.)
Regards
Lesley de Voil