[Magdalen] home made multi grain bread?

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:25:08 UTC 2015

Rye adds a very distinctive taste and a much denser, heavier texture.
If you don't like the taste by all means leave it out.  Is that why
you don't want to use a cereal mix?  If you want to mix your own I
would suggest that you look at the texture, or grit of a cereal mix
and try to approximate it.  For example, steel cut oats are probably
way too coarse to use in bread unless you at least partially cook
them.  You could use things like bulgur wheat, corn
meal/grits/polenta.  I like a mix of seeds - sesame, flax, sunflower.

Susan

--
Before enlightenment pay bills, do laundry.  After enlightenment pay
bills, do laundry.