[Magdalen] Gone Tomorrow?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 14:24:12 UTC 2015

A regular part of my early evening has been the  national/international
TV news via one of the USA three "big" networks.  For a very long time  my
choice has been the NBC Evening News, first with Tom Brokaw, and
then with his successor, Brian Williams.

I've gotten comfortable with Williams, and he comes across as a very
likeable guy.

That's what makes this present kerfluffle over his tale of being shot  down
in a helicopter in his capacity as news correspondent in Iraq very
difficult
to take.

It seems he has, through the years, told varying versions of this  event
and it's all being disputed by those who were in Iraq and familiar with
the facts.

Indeed, how could anyone forget the details of being shot down in a
helicopter?

Williams did apologize during one of this past week's telecasts, but  it
has been deemed ineffectual by some, and there have appeared  statements
in the press and social media to the effect that he should resign, because
he is no longer believable.

I don't know about all this, and I just wish it would all go away.

It looks as though that's not going to happen.

David S.