[Magdalen] Gone Tomorrow?

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 02:06:59 UTC 2015

I recall a guy who was a military liason for the media, and he did some
work with al Jazeera, and they kicked him out of the Marines.
Why? because he worked with al Jazeera -- even though he tried scrupulously
to be unbiased at every turn, and (of course!!) because they could.

Seems a direct order not to work with al Jazeera would have sufficed.  But
they didn't have the stones to go out in public and state what they were
about.

Later on, apparently someone took recordings of his interviews and showed
him talking with sound reduced, and Arabic translation to one side. That
would have been great, except that the Arabic translation was not, shall we
say, a totally accurate rendering of his words. I don't speak Arabic, so I
am not in a position to judge, however, this would not surprise me, since
there seems to be a longstanding tradition in the Middle East of making up
facts to support your position, as one can discern from a lot of scripture,
from some events of over-the-top lying by our allies during Desert Storm,
and some unbelievably deceitful behavior I observed while in Saudi Arabia.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente