[Magdalen] What are we reading?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 14:05:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Marion Thompson
<marionwhitevale at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen the last two episodes of Grantchester and am enjoying it
> immensely.  A more thoughtful kind of series.  I loved last night's
> exploration of lies.  James Norton, as the priest, is very credible, and, of
> course, Robson Green is a delight.

I bought and watched the first episode of Grantchester last night via
Amazon Instant Video and Roku. Enjoyed it a lot, although I hope
(probably in vain) that his preaching will be stepped up a bit...but
there hasn't been much so far, and it's in line with TV preaching
snippets being mostly platitudes, perhaps to avoid offense? More bons
mots than preaching (not that he said anything wrong). But he's still
new at everything. The first episode has to set everything up, and it
has.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA