[Magdalen] Anastasia Baptist

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 15:56:20 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/9/2015 10:14:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

Ooops!  Yes, Sonatas. It was a project he's had for the past ~25 years, to
play  Beethoven's piano sonatas when he was as old as Beethoven was when he

wrote them. Michael is now 51 and this was the eighth (& last) in the
series.>>>>

As to the Beethoven piano concertos, I always thought there were just
five of them, but a quick check indicates there were two more,  labelled
"0" and "6", the first composed when he was 6, and the other  unfinished
but sometimes performed with a reconstruction of the orchestra part,
long lost.

I had a classical conversion in my 20's with a recording of  Beethoven's
5th Piano Concerto, back to back with Mozart's 24th Piano Concerto.

David Strang.