[Magdalen] Please help me understand

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 01:19:30 UTC 2015

Sadly, it is all too common in the US for elected officials to vote or
behave in such a way that they get pats on the back from their followers,
even if their activities will never bear fruit. In fact in many situations,
they do this knowing that it's all public relations and will not only not
come to pass, but will in most cases strengthen the support or undercurrent
of us vs. them, that exists in the situation, in their favor....   Members
of the senate and house in Washington DC, who KNOW things will not pass will
often vote for something so that the folks at home think that they're trying
to save the day, when they're only trying to save themselves. IMNSHO...
Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck