[Magdalen] Please help me understand

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 10 03:25:55 UTC 2015

From: M J [Mike] Logsdon

>level later on.  However, this hasn't been originating like abortion did.  This
>has begun on a State level, and only now landing in the Supremes' collective
>lap, >rather than the other way round.  And it was Bader Ginsburg who recently
>said that she thinks abortion wouldn't be under the attack it is today if it
>had been >given the time necessary (unfortunately, it would have been a long
>time, no doubt) to wend its way around the states like marriage equality has.
>So, if the

WHOA! that's the phony-baloney mendacious narrative of the anti-abortion crowd.
Abortion rights worked up from the states too -- at the time of Roe
v Wade, 22 states had bills in their legislatures that would change their
abortion laws. And the (then) two largest states, California and New York had
anti-abortion laws wiped out legislatively and signed by (Republican!)
Governors -- Reagan and Rockefeller..

and Chad wrote:

>In this case, the Federal courts indeed have a bigger stick. The state chief
>justice doesn't have a legal leg to stand on (and he knows it).

some of those Southerners simply waiting for the treasonous truce of Appomattox
to be called off firmly believe in nullification. Moore is one of them.

I believe that only Scalia and Thomas voted in favor of the Alabama position.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie