[Magdalen] Quick return.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 13 17:54:32 UTC 2015

>>>I've claimed every damn thing I can find and STILL ended up paying. It's a
screw job, I tell ya.<<<

Tax law surely does change over time, at least I think it does.  Back in my early married days and Anna and I were just County clerks claiming "married, 1 exemption" on our W-4s, I remember one year we owed over $1,200.  Next year we claimed "married, 0 exemption", and still owed.  By the third year, we were "married, 0" and actually paying in extra throughout the year, resulting in virtually zero owing at the end.  I'm pretty sure the rules have been tweaked favorably since then.