[Magdalen] Washington Post article on involuntary hospitalization of the mentally ill

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 18:11:18 UTC 2015

So how is it better to have our jails and prisons become de facto mental
hospitals? Or to have our mentally ill roaming the streets untreated, as
many do? Those who are not a danger to others are one thing, but there are
a lot who are, and there isn't a way to get treatment for them, they just
get locked up in jail if they happen todo something criminal.