[Magdalen] Feeling Overwhelmed

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Fri Feb 13 22:17:03 UTC 2015

Over the past week, Marcy’s strength has diminished significantly.  At the same time, we’ve had several aides no longer continue.  Part of that was Marcy not wanting anyone under 40, and most of those over 40 don’t want to risk the heavy (Marcy weighs 190) lifting.  Marcy has been on the floor three times in the past two days, twice I’ve had to call 911 to have the fire department out.  At no time was Marcy injured - I was able to get her down slowly - but it’s coming clearer that I just cannot continue to do this without assistance.  The agency is trying to find someone for tonight, but one of these times I won’t be able to provide the care Marcy needs.  I’ve been in tears half the day with worry.

I need strength right now - physical as well as spiritual and mental.  I’m afraid.

Thinking one can behave their way into heaven is an insult to the very foundation of salvation.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net