[Magdalen] Quick return.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:59:08 UTC 2015

Just before he retired, our accountant confided that I have the
second-lowest client number in their database. I explained that
the late founder of the firm, one of the finest guys I ever knew,
was one of my mother's best friends in childhood. I told him
a couple of charming stories about Phil when he was a kid: he
owned an actual kayak, brought in from Canada, and used to
terrorize  the girls by rolling it in the surf.

Now that I'm probably in the realm of the standard deduction (no
mortgage, hardly any medical care costs, and able to claim
the over-65 deduction), I probably don't need to stay with the
firm. Just habit, I guess.
-M