[Magdalen] Prayers for my church

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:26:32 UTC 2015

In my two limited experiences emeritus was bestowed by the rector, possible endorsed/permitted by bishop. I don't know for sure.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 15, 2015, at 4:23 PM, Jon Egger <revegger at gmail.com> wrote:

I have emailed my bishop to let him know I wish to retire, rather than
continuing my LOA.  It's clear to me, from what I know of Old Trinity, that
it's what I call a hospice church.  It depresses me because their is a core
group of families that talk about "when Fr. Ed did" even though he's been
dead for 20 years.  If you do any reading on "the 10 signs of a dying
parish" Old Trinity has 7 symptoms.  Fr. Russ is taking me to lunch on
Thursday. We''l talk about.

Question: I'd be honored to be their Deacon Emeritus.  Is that a vestry
decision or the bishops?

+++
Grace & peace,
jon