[Magdalen] Radiologists

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 22:38:32 UTC 2015

I don't understand the recent negative discussion of radiologists. I have
had a number of MRIs and several CT scans and, as far as I know, the
radiologist always interprets the results and sends a signed report to the
physician who ordered them. This last physician then shares those results
with the patient and, as far as I know, never looks at the actual images.
Nowadays, that might not be so difficult with computerized images but I
don't think it's generally done, at least, not here in California.

Why would someone not trained in radiology be more competent than a
radiologist in interpreting images?