[Magdalen] A quarter century...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 16:54:05 UTC 2015

Congratulations.

I discovered the Episcopal Church during my first year at UW-Madison,  1955.
A parish church, Saint Andrew's, Madison, was within walking distance
from my Lakeshore Halls dormitory location, and I was wowed by the
liturgy, and especially the music which was under the direction of one  of
the School of Music professors, and featured at choir of some 30  singers,
mostly music faculty and music faculty spouses.  They were  unbelievably
good.

I quickly decided - even before I became an Episcopalian - I was still  a
Methodist - that if I didn't make it into medical school, I'd try my hand
at
the Episcopal priesthood.  Naturally I was confirmed at that  time.

What an awful priest I would have made!

I have this feeling that I was divinely guided through medical school
primarily
to keep me out of the seminary.

The next years, when I earned my room at Saint Francis House, TEC  Student
Center, I saw most of my friends head over to Nashotah Seminary, a  path
that I could have, but fortunately did not travel.

Thank all of you who did get ordained, and thank the Lord the Episcopal
Church was
spared me!

David Strang.