[Magdalen] The Other Guthrie.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 17:43:52 UTC 2015

I've just received the news that the new Artistic Director of the  Guthrie
Theater, Minneapolis, is Joseph Haj, who has been in a similar  position
at the Repertory Theater at Chapel Hill, NC.

He is not a stranger to Guthrie, having acted in several plays there  during
the 1990's.

If I were ever to move back to the Twin Cities area, getting to the  Guthrie
would be high on the list of attractions.  The experience of the  regional
theater is much different from the attractions on Broadway.  For  one thing,
such theaters serve up the classics which are otherwise unknown to us
country bumpkins.  Once a season or so, they dish up something new  and
avant guard.  This is very much the philosophy of the Metropolitan  Opera
in NYC:  Feature the classics with a few contemporary works to  keep
the critics happy.

I'm proud of the Guthrie, and wish Haj all the best.

David Strang - Still a loyal supporter of the Guthrie  Theater.