[Magdalen] A quarter century...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 17:53:29 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/17/2015 12:36:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

but I  bet lots of the old RCs still can do it.
-M  >>>>
Low Mass in sotto voce is an expedient for the fast track.

The mostly young priests of the FSSP, though, are drilled
not to race through the Liturgy, and there are fewer and fewer
older RC priests who can remember how to do a Latin Tridentine Mass.
(FSSP = Fraternity of Saint Peter).

It is also impossible to get any local picture of the state of Tridentine
music
and the RC Liturgy.  Those who should know about this seem to
have repressed memories.  Time is relentless.

I can recall the shock for most younger members when some
pictures of Solemn High Mass at the downtown local parish were  published
in the 150th Anniversary book.  Deacons, subdeacons, celebrants
in gold garb at the elaborate old high altar might have just as well  have
been on Mars.

David Strang.