[Magdalen] Christ the King Anglican

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 14:31:32 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/18/2015 8:28:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Allen,
It's been my understanding that if someone renounces  their orders, they're
no longer considered ordained. Is that not the case? I  realize that's
different from being enjoined by a bishop from functioning as a  priest; in that
case, you're still a priest.>>>

I thought we discussed this here recently (?)

In any case ordination to any of the three Orders is considered  indelible,.
at least in the Western Tradition.  The East may have other  ideas.  I think
the same holds true as for Baptism.  One cannot be un-baptized.   So
renouncing the Order doesn't cancel ordination.

Of course functioning can be inhibited.

David Strang.