[Magdalen] Lent begins ...

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:34:45 UTC 2015

Work issues are getting gnarlier - I work on the outside-facing web
servers for CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid) ESRD (End Stage
Renal Disease) which has many tens of thousands of end users, if not
more. Any mistake I make is Highly Visible, and since the
configuration is done largely by hand via command line, typos happen.
Last night's typos were on a production host, they were mine, and they
caused ugly problems. <sigh> This morning's problems on the same hosts
seem not to be mine, after tense investigation. Or not. Reality trumps
theory every time.

But the sun is shining, the temperature is ... above zero degrees
fahrenheit ... and in about 6 hours I can eat again. The sky is blue,
the driveway and roads are clear, and I am still beloved even with my
grumpy, hungry, sometimes idiotic imperfections - by Jesus if by few
others!

gentle, virtual, non-invasive Lenten hugs anyway - Cady