[Magdalen] Continuing prayers for Keith and for me

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 06:36:19 UTC 2015

Thanks, all...I can feel the prayer support and it makes a difference as I
shift into a new and perhaps longer term coping pattern.

David...thanks for asking. We don't know for 100% certain that it was a
miss but the surgeon (my sister Linda) and the physician both think it
likely - he says he has seen it a number of times with local biopsies. The
target wasn't small and they had an Ultrasound guide but it's difficult for
the patient to remain completely still and breath holding given that it
hurts like heck. These lesions, all seven of them, have a vigorous blood
supply and that's not supposed to happen with fatty lumps.

Linda's not feeling particularly swayed in any diagnostic direction at the
moment though she's wondering if a different biopsy technique would be
better. At present we wait for the 24 hour Urine and the blood test for
tumour markers, both of which went to pathology yesterday.

If a further biopsy is needed Keith may head to Cape Town where there's a
top notch private hepatic surgeon (who's treating the father of one of
Keith's training colleagues) and a world class Academic department at
Groote Schuur Hospital. Keith is in Cape Town next week anyway, for work,
he just needs to get an appointment somehow.

Sally D