[Magdalen] Slimming the Diocese.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 04:06:08 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/21/2015 10:06:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

I  really think his books on the BCP and Liturgy are outstanding. But the
ability
to write doesn’t always translate to other  areas.>>>>

+Marshall was a great favorite of mine for his intellectual  strengths.
I still have on file quotations from his elegant differentiation  between
All Saints Day and All Souls Day, and his explanation of the 39  Articles
and their historical but not present day theological importance.

I was therefore stunned to learn of this other side of his  pontificate.
All I have heard is rather vague stories and insinuations, but they  are
so persistent there must be some truth in them.

David Strang.