[Magdalen] Beautiful drone video of wintry Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 01:22:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 4:52 PM, ROGER STOKES
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I agree these views are stunning, and could not have been obtained in any other way.  A while back the BBC showed a short series about Canterbury Cathedral which included some shote taken by a drone flying down the nave and chancel, and external ones looking down on the tower, which again could not have been taken any other way.  The crucial point is that the drone needs to be flown in accordance with the relevant air safety regulations (which has scuppered Amazon's plans for drone delivery of packages to customers) and (what is harder to endsure) privacy.

Yes. I can imagine someone getting in trouble for flying a
camera-bearing drone over Mazomanie Beach on the Wisconsin River on a
July Saturday and getting choice footage of fully unclothed
sunbathers. Which shouldn't be a scandal for the nudity but should for
the invasion of privacy.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA