[Magdalen] Prayer Request Summary / Lent 1 2015

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 19:27:14 UTC 2015

 Prayer Request Summary Lent 1

Collect  for First Sunday of Lent 2015
Almighty God, whose blessed Son was led by the Spirit to be tempted by
Satan: Come quickly to help us who are assaulted by many temptations; and,
as you know the weaknesses of each of us, let each one find you mighty to
save; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you
and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.  Amen.

Lord, open our lips, and our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
Let us pray for our own needs and those of others.

+For the Church +
We pray for  ++Justin   and all the Primates of our Anglican Communion that
all  set their hope in Christ and work together to remain one;
for TEC's Presiding Bishop, Katharine, and for all bishops of TEC;
for newly elected Bishops in TEC (provide names for this PRSummary, if
desired) that they may serve Christ, their flock and the church
for the Episcopal Church in South Carolina as they move forward into their
ministry and challenges
for the  Diocese of Maryland, Thomas Palermo, Heather Cook and their
families
for the Councils and Conventions of TEC, and those who serve them
for General Seminary, NYC and it's students, faculty and trustees
for "Marion's Church" (2/14/15)

+For all churches in the search process for new rectors:
+For all clergy seeking new calls:
+For all those preparing for ordained ministry:
+ For all Religious in their life of prayer:
+ For students in our midst:

+For the World
we pray for an end to the death penalty in the United States and in all
countries where capital punishment is still permitted.
we pray for peace in the world and safety for our armed forces
we pray for those killed and injured in all foreign lands
we pray for those who have lost their lives by violence, whether by their
own action or the action of others.

+For our List Sisters and Brothers
for our sister Capers who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and for
xxx, her husband, and extended family (2/23/15)
for Richard Crawford as he seeks employment in a 'dream job'(2/3/15)
for Marion as she recovers from a parking lot 'incident' accident (1/8/15)
for (brudder) Deacon Jon, who has entered hospice care and still ministering
to many ("And remember, I am nowhere near death" 12/4/14) and his wife Dawn.

+Friends and Family
for Chris Bosh, hospitalized with blood clots in his lungs (2/23/15 Lynn
Ronkainen)
for Tim and Nan, two friends of my wife from her AA group, who are battling
cancer. (Christopher Hart 2/21/15)
for Malcolm Boyd, in a coma in ICU/ Los Angeles (Jim Guthrie 2/21/15)
for Daniel, visitor at our sister Ginga's church on Ash Wednesday (2/18/15)
for Marcy Handsfield, wife of our brother Jim, who has entered Hospice (2/18
/15)
for Keith Davies, husband of our sister Sally who is in the process of
diagnostic tests for liver health, and for all of the family as they wait
during this time of uncertainty (2/14/15)
for Allen, the son of a friend of our sister Jay, who had a bad fall at work
on the 28th of January and has been in the neurotrauma unit. (2/9/15)
for Dave, brother of our brother Scott,  who is in hospital having had
severe lower-abdominal pain with many tests on the horizon (2/8/15)
'for a friend', of our brother Mike Logsdon, who is going through difficult
times.  (2/2/15)
for JWB, severely disabled friend of our brother Bob Rea who is in need of a
support system after the death of family members (2/2/15)
for the  priest, his wife and son who were killed in Houston (2/2/15)
for Ascension Church Chicago as they experience the shifts and changes of
reorganization (Scott Knitter 1/18/15)
for 17 year old Ryan, a good friend of my nephew Chris who is a young man
with a serious drinking problem, from our sister Sally (1/3/15)

+with continuing prayers
for  Robert and Eileen Smith aunt/uncle to our brother Scott, who are
experiencing health problems (12/30/14)
for Christine, Rick and Susan, friends of our sister Molly, who have had
difficult choices and decisions to deal with (12/29/14)
for Oliver and Robert (nephew/brother in law) of our sister Lynn, dealing
with hard choices and adult problems. (12/24/14)
for Debi Rothenberg friend of our sister Lynn, who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer (12/3/14)
for Marcy Handsfield, wife of our brother Jim who is courageously living
with ALS
for brudder Jon, who is courageously living with SARC and COPD
for  sister Eleanor Braun, being treated for breast cancer
for brother Jim Guthrie, being treated for cancer
for Joy Munday, friend of our sister Lynn, being treated for 3rd
reoccurrence of breast cancer (after two long remissions)
for Scott the Younger, partner of our brother Scott

 +for our animal friends
Tama 'kitty', who is 15 1/2 years old and is in kidney failure, owned by a
friend of our brother Richard C (2/16/15)

+for the Departed
+Bishop Barbara Darling, friend of our sister Raewynne (2/15/15)
 Gail and Bill Maurer, former neighbors of our brother Scott, who were
brutally murdered by one of their sons (1/20/15)
Marcus J. Borg (1/21/15)
The Rev. Charles Sturm, a loving and faithful priest and servant of Christ,
and serving The Episcopal Church in SC as a supply priest. (Ginga Wilder
12/31/14)

+We give thanks for blessings
for the 25th anniversary of the ordination of our sister Grace (2/17/15)
for the marriage of Ginny Wilder to Barbie Myers  (2/14/15)
for my dear wife,  celebrating 25 years of sobriety today. Please join me in
giving thanks for the wonder that is AA. Christopher Hart (2/14/15)
for 30 years of sobriety  for our brother David (12/26.14)

+ Concluding Collect +
O God, be with us as we come together on this list; grant us wisdom as we
write; compassion as we read; and above all, discernment in our actions, so
that what we may write, or think, or do may come from your Holy Spirit,
reflect in all ways your will and in all things be to your glory, through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Composed by Sharon Brown, 9 Feb.2000)