[Magdalen] Rant

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:20:01 UTC 2015

Mostly for Allan, but this may refer to Marcy too.....my mother used to say
that when people lose it, "they just become more like themselves." Allan,
it sounds like this is true of Camille, who you describe as "always a
pleasant person." It was certainly true of my mother, who was always a
pleasant and lovable person, right up to her death, even when she could no
longer speak or walk. It was also true of my dad, who was and exacting and
sometimes difficult perfectionist.

Jim, does the hospice supply aides? My former DIL used to be an aide with a
hospice and they were trained to deal with the sort of situation you
describe. And it certainly sounds like Marcy is in the denial stage.
Bargaining will be next, and that's a little easier, if more painful.....