[Magdalen] Rant

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 21:24:53 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/26/2015 4:07:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
revegger at gmail.com writes:

The VA  finally got rid of the form...maybe at the end of the  Clinton
administration.>>>

I never had to deal with any of this, being in dermatology.

Nowadays, the VA is completely computerized, and paper copies
of anything are rare.  Sometimes I yearned for a simpler days  when
we actually wrote on paper with pen and ink.

Has all the computerization resulted in better medical care?   It's
rather hard to say.  Certainly the medical records are much  better,
but that doesn't necessarily translate into better care.

I notice the private sector of medicine is now being forced, finally,
into electronic records, and they are kicking and screaming all
the way.

Knowing my two physician brothers, I suspect they both would be
spitting nails attempting to get computerized in their practices.
They were both spared such by exiting practice before computers
became necessary in medicine.

I remember sitting at my VA desk about 1994, and discovering that
a computer had been installed over the weekend.  I said to  myself
"And so it begins...."

David Strang.