[Magdalen] Rant

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 22:02:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> I notice the private sector of medicine is now being forced, finally,
> into electronic records, and they are kicking and screaming all
> the way

Our current primary physician is now affiliated with Advocate (which
started with the United Church of Christ, interestingly), so fully
computerized and with a new modern office near the hospital (Illinois
Masonic, where my colon has twice been oscopied). All is well there
with the computerization (I especially like the patient portal, where
I can sign in and see lab results, pay bills, and so on), but one
reason we left our previous doctor was that we got tired of sitting
there while she stared silently at a computer terminal's screen; I
actually had to interrupt her a couple of times to ask, "Are you
waiting for me to say or do anything, or am I waiting for you to say
or do something?" We also couldn't understand her French-Jamaican
patois, although I'm sure it was lovely (and she is very beautiful).
We opted for a more tech-savvy physician with high English fluency.
He's also gay, which isn't essential but is nice. And I sometimes work
with his HP-employed brother. Small world.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA