[Magdalen] Life's challenges

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 20:45:36 UTC 2015

No, I'm leaving Whitevale, which doesn't bother me at many levels beyond
this house and my garden.  Apart from anything else, if something were
to happen that I couldn't drive, life here would be impossible:  no
public transit, life in this house is labour-intensive, no stores closer
than 10 km.  I am no longer deeply immersed in the affairs of Whitevale
and don't know the newcomers, and worse, very soon the whole green area
around us will become the town of Seaton with 80,000 people.  Can you
imagine the uproar and construction traffic barrelling through here?  I
need to sell and be well clear of this obscenity before it really gets
going.  Whitevale is bound to end up as a sort of 1870's theme park.
Ghastly.

There's pressure from two sons to move (back) to Montreal, but my
daughter and all my  friends and networks  are here now after 40+
years.  That's why I need a temporary home away from Whitevale to think
it all through.  I admire your having chosen to up and go to Gananoque.

Marion, a pilgrim