[Magdalen] New workplace

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 20:46:34 UTC 2015

I'm observing Presidents' Day today by visiting the building I'll start working in on Tuesday. My telecommuting days are over, for a while at least. HP is in a back-to-the-office phase.

But the news came today that I've been assigned to the site I requested. It's on the top floor of Three Illinois Center near where the Chicago River meets Lake Michigan.

I'm thrilled...it's a straightforward commute, an easy walk from transit lines, and very convenient to Millennium Park for free summer concerts. :)

I'm very glad I wasn't assigned to the suburban location in Downers Grove, which would have required going back to owning a car and spending a lot of time in it. I'm a downtown kind of guy anyway. Grateful and glad. I'm there now, in the middle of previewing the commute and the way to the office. Quite pleasant.

Sent from my iPad