[Magdalen] Railroads

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:38:23 UTC 2016

Richmond, VA is still privy to good train service and when I lived there I
took the train now and then, mostly to DC. Once when Betsy and Boogie
visited we took it to DC and made a day of it, visiting the Smithsonian and
the Mall. I also took it once to BWI, which is a great deal, really....the
train stops right at the airport, and a shuttle will pick you up and take
you straight to the terminal. I wasn't going to the terminal at that
particular time, but meeting S/O. However, that was when I learned about
the shuttle service, and later on when a co-worker was planning to fly to
Trinidad for Carnival (she was originally from there) and was searching for
fares, I advised her that it might be cheaper to fly out of BWI. She did
some investigating and found that, even with the train fare, that was the
case.