[Magdalen] Speaking of unfortunate names

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:51:27 UTC 2016

And speaking of high schools with weird names, there is, or was, a rural
high school "up nort" somewhere in Wisconsin called Ondossagon. There isn't
a town by that name, so I'm not quite sure where it is. One year back
before they divided the state high school basketball tournament into
classes by size, the "cinderella" team happened to be the one from
Ondossagon, leading one of the sportswriters in Madison to quip, "Just what
kind of geometric figure is an ondossagon?"