[Magdalen] Interesting Sunday

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:20:01 UTC 2016

Yes,

We've kept MP in rotation all through the decades. At the moment, the
Lay-led services are to save what fees we can while awaiting a new
rector. With all 3 services, we average just under 100 ASA, so each
service tends to be under 40 attendees.

All we have heard from the Search Committee (who are legitimately
sworn to silence) is that we have received names, several look good,
and they are working on getting a good, new rector.

As of July 31 we are without a rector. Bill Queen - who has been very
good for us - hopes for a ministry as an interim rector, has kept his
family home in Richmond, must return to live in Richmond or face IRS
penalties. We are exploring the idea of Lay-led services for at least
August and possibly longer if needed. We're still actively making
decisions. We celebrate the renovation of the Rectory on June 11th
with a blessing of the house for Trinity participants, and an Open
House for the community (Trinity Church: of the community, by the
community, for the community). It should be grand fun, with tents in
the Washington Baptist Church parking lot in case of inclement
weather.

Stepping forward into the unknown, along with everyone else!

Cady