[Magdalen] Timely c***noscopy query.

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:20:08 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016, James Oppenheimer-Crawford <
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:

> What a bummer!

I remember when I first heard this word "bummer" from my step-daughter in
the mid 1970's. It was strange and I never forgot it.

Today, out of curiousity, I looked it up and, in Merriam Webster, found
First Known Use: 1966

In 1966 at this first use, I was already 35. I'll bet most of you never
thought about it and assumed it had been around forever.
The definition makes it more clear:
An unpleasant experience (as a bad reaction to a hallucinogenic drug).

I'm trying to remember the British useage, but it's already morning. Maybe
tomorrow (by which I mean later today).

--
Allan Carr