[Magdalen] RIP Ali, 74.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jun 4 16:28:40 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/4/2016 12:19:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Well, he  may or may not have been baptized, but he made a point of saying
that Cassius  Clay was a slave name, and he wasn't a  slave.>>>>>>>

He would more logically pick an African name then.

>From reading I've done through the years, I get the impression that
the slave trade was primarily an operation of Moslem Arab slave  traders.

Therefore, as far as Black Africans are concerned, Moslem names are
the slave names.

See Wikipedia on Moslem Slave Trade.

David Strang.