[Magdalen] RIP Ali, 74.

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 21:07:16 UTC 2016

You yourself have stated that his baptism made him "Christ's own forever"
in spite of his later conversions to the Nation of Islam and then to Sunni
Islam.

That notion imples a slavery to Christ that Ali twice repudiated. From that
standpoint, Ali was quite right in calling "Cassius Marcellus Clay" his
slave name. It has nothing to do with history.

When I was accepted into Zen and given my new Buddhist name, Taikan, my
Zen teacher gave a talk to the assembly on how honored he was that someone
he knew to still be a Christian had accepted Buddhism from him.

I have never forgotten that whole hearted acceptance of me, just as I was.
You might try the same with Mohammad Ali (Praised One).

On Saturday, June 4, 2016, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org

--
Allan Carr