[Magdalen] Location, Location, Location.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 5 18:27:26 UTC 2016

On 05/06/2016 13:03, ME Michaud wrote:
> I was thinking ... how sad that the RCC doesn't have the vision of married
> former priests excercising their diaconal ministries in the parishes.
>
> I realize it's fraught with peril for the clergy and hierarchy, but it
> would be so great for the faithful.

UnfortunatelyRC Canon Law says that priests invalidly attempt marriage.
In other words unless they have a dispensation and are released from the
obligations of the ordained state their marriage is not recognized by
the Church.  Since ordination is recognized as a single sacrament,
though wuth different faculties allowed after priestly and episcopal
ordination, that is irrevocable the idea of a priest being allowed to
exercide his diaconal but not priestly functions does not seem possible.

Roger