[Magdalen] Location, Location, Location.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:56:53 UTC 2016

"Conversion by immersion". I like that, and that was kind of what I was
talking about. I can't remember the name of the priest on Chicago's south
side that started the whole thing with opening up the parish school to any
kids but requiring the parent participation and attendance at mass at least
once a month whether they were RC or not, etc. I think he's dead now, and
there's another one doing pretty much the same thing. Both were/are
controversial and frequently at odds with their bishops, but what they do
seems to work for the kids, which is their point (and mine). Rich white
folks in the suburbs don't like their money going there, though. I guess
it's better going to India or Africa, not to their own doorstep.