[Magdalen] My Grand-niece's christening

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Mon Jun 6 04:13:05 UTC 2016

<... I've been to St. Paul's just once years ago, when Geoffrey Hoare was the rector...

He married both of my sisters. My mom liked his sung masses. He moved to be Rector  at All Saints' in Atlanta, the big urban church he always wanted. St. Paul's seats about "only" 550 (more at Christmas and Easter).

Geoffrey's no longer Rector, though. Their website says he's in charge of Community Grants, Community Service Opportunities, Worship Guilds, Vestry, Cornerstone Society - See more at: https://allsaintsatlanta.org/who-we-are/clergy/#GMHoare

<... I don't remember the pew doors...

Saint Paul's has "always" (interpretation: as far back as I can remember) had pew doors, except in the "balcony." Among other things this week, they're re-making (painting and some newer hardware, I think.) the pews. I hope you get a new one for Saturday.

<... I do know that parking will be a serious problem...

Now they validate parking for scheduled services. Maybe for you, too?

<... 'cause there are few spaces nearby.

 It's probably easier to drive north a block and park in the underground garage.  111 South Street, I think.

Arthur