[Magdalen] Ramadan insights

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:56:41 UTC 2016

There's an Islamic group here in Charlottesville called the Rumi Forum that sponsors interfaith events. I went to one recently that was looking at extremism from Christian, Jewish and Muslim perspectives. it was held in a Presbyterian Church, they served a Turkish dinner, and then there was a panel discussion. There were quite a few Episcopalians there, including several clergy.
That got us on their mailing list, and we've been invited to come to one of their Ramadan dinners and learn about Ramadan. The group I went with before is going to go again. I'm very glad this is happening.