[Magdalen] In memory of my Pop.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 7 17:17:54 UTC 2016

>>>.... now at this stage of life and limb, would you really want to be called
Porter Field? <gdr><<<

I do know that being able to sign myself, instead of my ubiquitous "MJL", "PFLIII", would have been fun.

As a child, life was always confusing me, with a dad named Porter.  "Night Porter" over the hospital intercom, "Hey, Porter!" by Johnny Cash, "King Porter Stomp" by Jelly Roll Morton, etc.  (The latter, for trivia timewasters like myself, is the tune they tweaked for the band in the bar scene in the original "Star Wars".)

My uncle Sam (yes, I had an "Uncle Sam") was Samuel *Feld* Logsdon, because it got written wrong into the county register at his birth in 1922.