[Magdalen] Roads Lead To Rome?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 20:17:15 UTC 2016

I notice that the USA National Catholic Reporter has released  information
about the summons to Rome of the Superior of the Sisters of Loretto,  an
Order of RC nuns.  Beginning in 2008 there was, under Benedict  XVI,
an inventory of the some 50,000 religious in orders in the States.

The Superior of the Loretto Order has commented that it was assumed
this study was long over, and she is surprised that she must appear
in Rome to explain five areas of concern to the Vatican.  These all  appear
to be in the area of ministry to GLBT persons.

These Roman summons happen relatively infrequently and it is almost
an action that is forgotten.  However, if memory serves, the head
Superior of the Jesuits was hauled into Rome a decade or so ago  to
answer different irregularities. Pope Francis I is also a Jesuit.

It all seems just a bit medieval, but the good Sister will be on the hot
seat
18 October.

David Strang.