[Magdalen] Guy Thing.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 13:33:29 UTC 2016

I've never understood the fascination either. My late ex had always
hankered for, and finally bought (it was his last vehicle) a Chevy pickup
about the time our middle grandson was born. He'd had one when the kids
were small but traded it for a more useful vehicle that could carry
everyone later on. Our Adam drove a battered pickup in high school (reverse
status thing, I think) and when he returned from his first tour in Iraq he
bought a Ford Ranger pickup of which he was inordinately proud.

OTOH, my friend Lindsey, who lives in north Texas, has had several very
large pickup trucks during the time I've known her. Most of them have been
along the lines of a Ford F-350, some diesel, big honking powerful things.
I can just imagine her, a little bit of a thing, barreling down the highway
in them. But then, Lindsey is--well, not so much now, she's scaled back
since she got married, but still does it--a quarter horse trainer, and she
lives on a working ranch and trailers those critters around to shows.