[Magdalen] The Rising Sun.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jun 12 02:47:27 UTC 2016

We received an odd mailing of "car freshioners"  unsolicited in  the mail
today.  Among them was one with the Imperial Japanese "Rising Sun"  Flag.
it's the one with the central red sun and red rays through a white
background.
I couldn't have been more startled than had one of the freshioners  pictured
the Nazi flag.  Wilfredo thought it was "pretty."

The Japanese Imperial Flag is still in use by Japanese Defense Forces
but has otherwise been supplanted by the well known red circle on  white.

For anyone who lived through WW-2, the Rising Sun Flag, most  especially
the Chinese, Koreans, and WW-2 veterans the flag represents the worst
of the Axis ambitions.

I had an immediate negative shock reaction.  We will not be using  that
air freshioner.

David Strang.