[Magdalen] Most "Evangelicals"...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 12 08:56:51 UTC 2016

On 12/06/2016 07:11, Sally Davies wrote:
> All Souls and the Alpha Course that began there

While All Souls, Langham PLace is a prominent Evangelical church in
London Alpha started at Holy Trinity, Brompton.

>   has provided sustaining energy for many years now;
> our church has just started a "brand new Alpha" with a new format that is
> not monopolised by Nicky Gumbel though he has been, as usual, a moving
> force behind it.

I am glad to hear that it is being incutturised like that.  Apart from
my other concewrns about the course I also thought it had a colonial
bias.  You could not make any alterations to the course and foreign
language versions of the video were the same as the English ones,
including Nicky Gumbel in English, but with sub-titles.

Roger