[Magdalen] Christopher on the way home from TX

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 06:03:10 UTC 2016

I'm glad you made it home safely, Chris! Alex and I were driving through
Houston about the same time. We actually got delayed west of Houston
because of an accident. We lost an hour but otherwise made the trip well.
Driving through Houston itself was a blur though because of the rain.

It rained on us almost all the way to the Louisiana state line but stopped
not long after. We just had drizzle after that. We're now safe and sound in
our hotel in Lafayette. We're going to stay here an enjoy the sights for a
day or so the hear to New Orleans. We have a hotel in the Quarter for Tues
to Thurs. I can't wait to see NO again. I was there the last time in the
Spring of 2006 so the recovery from Katrina hadn't made much progress. I'm
looking forward to seeing how much things have changed in 10 years.

Alex and I have both been to New Orleans individually but this is our first
time together. Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Peace, Rick