[Magdalen] opinions on web based eye glasses???

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 13 22:51:52 UTC 2016

On 13/06/2016 20:10, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:

> When I started my investigating for exam/frames (current ones falling
> apart - I thought that this miracle metal titanium lasted forever?!),
> the exam is in the 95.-150. range for an optometrist. Duplicating my
> frames at 3 different places I went in to would be 400. for the frames
> (I've found them on line from $180. - 235.) - SO... I feel comfortable
> thinking that the people I've spoken with are still making a tidy sum
> on these frames.  The polycarbonate lenses, which also need to be
> polished on the perimeter edges, in a 'lined' bifocal are also quoted
> as running $125. - 250. a pair (lenses only)....

I am going for my annual eye-test tomorrow and I'm hoping that I don't
need new glasses - I got my current ones last year.  The prices you
quote for frames seem on the high side to me but I wish I coiuld get
lenses to my prescription for that sort of price.  As I wewar glasses
all the time I don't have the frames reglazed, but that's the cheap
part.  Mt prescription means that the lenses are expensive - high
refractive index plastic to keep the edbe thickness and weight down with
progressive/varifocal lenses that are relatively strong are not cheap.

Roger