[Magdalen] RIP Paul McDowell.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 14 16:00:37 UTC 2016

Our British (and others, possibly, of course) friends may have noticed the passing last month of the trombonist and lead singer of The Temperance Seven, a 1920s-style band that topped the charts what seemed just minutes before The Beatles took over.  YouTube has quite a few of their recordings for enjoyment.

(Those familiar with the ending of "The Wrong Box" note a band playing in a gazebo [I think it was a gazebo.]  That was the The Temperance Seven.)

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/20/paul-mcdowell-obituary